Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Someone Stole My Excuses

Last night all my excuses for the jiggly thighs and hips, stomach pooch, and flapping triceps, were stolen from me by my friend, Susan.  Susan and I are the same age -- well, she is a little younger, by a whopping four months.  There she was in her golf skirt with nary a wrinkly knee and not a drop of cellulite in sight.  Her arms look good, her face looks young, and she has an enthusiasm for life that is contagious. 
How does she do it?
The old-fashioned way:  she works hard and plays hard.  Exercise is part of her life.  Yesterday was one of her relaxed days:  only 18 holes of golf, a bike ride, then a dinner party.  I've known days where she's played two sets of tennis, taken a 50-mile bike-ride, and followed that with 18 holes of golf.
To say she's in great shape would be a serious understatement -- she's in fabulous shape.
If she weren't such a wonderful person, I'd have to hate her for stealing my excuses.  So it's back to the Wii and the 30-day killer challenge, rather than the random program I can select that won't push me to the point of feeling my achy muscles tomorrow.
So ache I must.  All in the service of getting myself back into great shape.
I guess it will feel better to thank Susan than to hate her.

No comments:

Post a Comment